Book a Facility

The Township of Zorra is taking steps to support our community's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus disease) and measures taken by Southwestern Public Health. We are monitoring our operations daily to ensure we are taking the right actions to protect our residents, employees and visitors. Visit our COVID-19 page for regular updates.

Check Availability to Book a Recreation Facility

Our Recreation Department is using online booking software to aide residents in checking availability and reserving our facilities for their special events. Submit a request to rent one of the above locations online by clicking here.

To inquire about availability of our ice online, follow this link. To inquire about availability of our halls, follow this link. At anytime you can contact the Recreation Department:

Embro Zorra Community Centre
Phone 519-485-2490 Ext. 7251 
Send email to Embro Arena

Thamesford District Recreation Centre 
Phone 519-485-2490 Ext. 7245
Send email to Thamesford Arena

Recreational Events

The Township of Zorra is home to many recreational events throughout the year.  Check out our Community Calendar and visit our Community Events page often!

If you would like to have your community event posted on our website, please send an email to the website administrator.

Municipal Alcohol Policy

A revised Municipal Alcohol Policy was approved by Council at the regular Council meeting held on May 1, 2012. This policy took effect immediately. View the full policy for more information.

Special Occasion Permits

Special Occasion Permits (SOP) are for the sale and service of beverage alcohol at special occasions such as weddings, charity fundraisers, receptions etc. Special Occasion Permits are issued through select Liquor Control Board of Ontario ("LCBO") stores throughout the province. For more information regarding Special Occasion Permits, please visit the Alcohol & Gaming Commission AGCO website.

PLEASE NOTE: As of June 1, 2011, for outdoor events, the permit holder must at least 30 days prior to the event, write to the local municipality, police, and fire and health departments informing them of the event. The building department must be notified as well if a tent or marquee is used.

For questions regarding tent permits and inspections please contact Mike Hughes, Chief Building Official at 519-485-2490 ext. 7224.

Stag and Does (Buck and Does)

Thinking of having a Stag & Doe at one of Zorra's Community Halls?  Different rules apply for this type of event.  Please review all documentation below before booking your event.  Questions can be directed to our Recreation & Facilities Program Coordinator Stephanie Starchuck by email

Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario Special Occasion Permit Guide

Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario Special Occasion Permit Info Sheet

Township of Zorra Municipal Alcohol Policy (MAP)

Special Agreements - Stag and Doe

Stag and Doe Checklist