Part Time Facility Attendants
Reporting to the Recreation and Facilities Manager, the successful candidate will work predominantly in the Township arenas, with occasional work in attached recreation facilities. Facility Attendants mainly work evening and weekends shifts.
Responsibilities and Tasks Include:
- Assist the Facility Operator with the cleaning and maintenance of recreation facilities including arenas, halls, meeting rooms, lobbies, washrooms, changerooms, viewing areas and stairways.
- Cleaning will include sweeping, mopping, scrubbing/sanitizing of bathroom fixtures, garbage/recycling removal and using power cleaning equipment.
- Assist in ice resurfacing operations including securing the ice surface before resurfacing, moving/securing nets, patching of holes, monitoring for safety issues and shoveling snow. Attendants are required to walk on the ice surface for some of these tasks.
- Preparing and cleaning the ice resurfacer, if requested.
- Ensure that all public and employee areas of the facility are safe, clean and tidy always.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to deal professional with the public.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Eligible to work in the province of Ontario.
- Must be physically able to lift, pull and push heavy objects.
- Good communication skills written/verbal, customer service.
- Previous commercial cleaning and workplace health & safety knowledge an asset.
This position’s hours vary seasonally between 10 and 20 hours per week and compensated at Ontario minimum wage. Click here for a full job description. Please submit your cover letter and resume before 4:00 p.m. on Thursday October 17, 2019. The Township of Zorra would like to thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Recreation and Facilities Manager
Send Matt an email
The Township of Zorra is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the Township if you require accommodation.